1994 Camry cutting out

sasha

Hi, I have a 1994 camry with 101000 klm's and until now has been a great car.. the following problem occured

engine stops efi light does not come on for a while when it does car restarts.

changed the efi relay

problem was gone

1000 kms later problem is back

any suggestions would be appreciated

I would be looking at your injectors and also your fuel filter to start with , check the relay again ( was it new or from a wrecker? ) Other offenders could include your alternator or possibly another engine sensor but definatly for a start look at the fuel system.

I would be looking at your injectors and also your fuel filter to start with , check the relay again ( was it new or from a wrecker? ) Other offenders could include your alternator or possibly another engine sensor but definatly for a start look at the fuel system.

thank you for your reply. it was a 2nd hand relay i am going to pull it apart and check contacts for any heat signs.

i am planning on changing the filter and upon your suggestions i will check the injectors

don't you love intermitent problems i much prefer it when they stop and stay stopped then you know when you have found it.

thank you