Question for the Electronics Experts

Foss

I've got an AV receiver in my lounge I've just had shipped down from Sydney. Was working fine before it was sent, but due to Australia Post being Australia Post its probably been thrown around during transit because the display module no longer works. Everything else works fine, just nothing shows up on the VFD. I'm hoping the display has just become disconnected internally and needs reconnecting. I've just been reviewing the connections diagram in the service manual and I'm not sure on the meaning of a couple of things.

displaymoduleconnections.png

Circled in red is the display module and its associated connections. What I'm unsure of is what type of connection each (circled in blue) signifies. My assumption is that those like CN803 are ribbon cables and those like WH123 are solder points?

Or perhaps I should just cash out and actually pay somebody that knows what their talking about?

The one the left should look like you typical plastic ribbon cable, but it can also be like the following just with a connector on each side. The one on the right would most likely be like what you mentioned but of the non-ribbon cable variety. Something similar to the attached image (one side is permanently connected to the PCB, the other is a connector. That said, it may be different to what I'm showing here, but this is the way I've interpreted it. You can confirm it by opening it... providing you can keep any warranty stickers intact.

di-9128287514612.jpg