GPS/DVD upgrade units

g-grande

Hi all,

i recently purchase a 2005 prado grande. i am looking at upgrading the current gps to include gps/dvd player + reverse camera option and also purchase and incorporate the rear dvd screen headrests. can anyone assist to where or who will do this in the Perth metro area. is it worth doing?

• 10 months later...

Hi all,

i recently purchase a 2005 prado grande. i am looking at upgrading the current gps to include gps/dvd player + reverse camera option and also purchase and incorporate the rear dvd screen headrests. can anyone assist to where or who will do this in the Perth metro area. is it worth doing?

Hi There

I bought 2003 prado with a indash GPS, CD changer etc.

The quality of the device appeared to be real rubbish (some 256collor low res display, dodgy touch option, horrible software (sensis version 1)), no dvd support for music/video, dvd playing GPS software/map does not support DL disks.

All in all , that unit was a piece of rubbish in the current 2011. I bought a compatible unit on EBAY, paid 550 bux including reverse camera.

I fit the whole thing in myself in 2-3 hours, the only challenge was to drill a bloody whole in the rear bumper for the camera.

There is a metal bar behind the plastic bumper and that one took me some time to drill (drillbit usually inlcuded in the camera package).

Everything works as cool as. DVD, memory card, bluetooth, ipod, gps, digital TV.

To answer your question -- check EBAY for TOYOTA GPS DVD units.

There are several types, running different softwares.

With the rear headrests DVD I suppose you should check. Mine came with only indash screen. There must be a way to connect additional screens

VAL

• 5 months later...