Clunky gearbox

idisc

Hi Guys,

I've been meaning to ask this question for a while now.

My Kluger is a 2010 model.

Does the gearbox feel a bit rough at times?

I've found that under certain conditions it can be rough or clunky, conditions such as:

- When changing directions, even if if I come to a complete stop before changing into R and stepping on the accerlator again, the uptake of the gear can ***** when I start moving. Its almost as if the car is very slow to change gear and I need to wait a couple of seconds before stepping on the accelerator

- Under light throttle at low speed, sometimes the car can be a little indecisive whether to change up a gear or not, and when that happens, it seems to engage into gear roughly and with a *****. an example of this may be say cruising along at low speed, you can back off the throttle but then need to accelerate (still with light throttle application), the car will when engage gear roughly.

Just wondering if this is normal for the transmission of the Kluger?

thanks..

p.s. the censored words above is J erk

i haven't experienced any such jerkiness (if that's a word) as you describe, but i have noticed on ocassion the low speed indecisiveness and i generally put that down to the light throttle applications/torque converter/drivetrain slack particularly with the AWD. Everything i just said could ofcourse be a load of c^^p and not even close to the mark as i am not a mechanic :unsure:

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure how to explain it, but the best I can describe it is like the car is changing gear slowly and as a result the engine revs up slightly between changing gears (like the car is in neutral); then when the gear actually engages, it will engage roughly as the revs don't match the road speed.

my car is still new and only travelled 2000km. I will continue driving and if it is still an issue, will flag it at the 10,000km service (which at this rate could be over a year away!

It actually doesn't happen often, under normal driving conditions with normal throttle inputs, it is quite smooth.

Edited by _kit_