Autome head units

Spider

My touch screen is playing up again, last one replaced under warranty, would chop and change all by its own. Change songs on cds, maps on satnav and radio stations.

Sent it back to Honkas at nearly $70.00 and waited 6 to 8 weeks for it's return. They said it tested okay but they replaced the screen anyway.

Worked okay until recently, now it is hard to select some of the touch screen buttons, they will not work or you have to keep pressing and press hard.

Also in GPS mode it often will not back out of screens for instance if I go into the POI screen, pressing the back button it makes the "click" sound but does not work.

The only way to reset it is to turn the car off and back on.

Pita.

So anyone know what the go is with the head unit being to "tight" and upsetting the screens calibration due to "pressure" and how to fix it?

I cannot live without this unit it sounds great and is so usefull.

If I replace it with say the t-c200 unit

http://www.autogps.com.au/Aurion_Camry_more.aspx

that looks the same apart from graphics and will I have the same dramas?

Any help appreciated.

TTFN

Spied

Which Head unit is Auto me?or are you refering to the Tom Tom Follow me ones (see attached)?

if its the Genuine Toyota ones that come in the Grandes, there might be a way to adjust the touch screen sensitivity.

Id take it to the dealer and windge since its happen again.

Also, get someone else to try it aswell just to make sure it not your fingers :P

post-17377-0-43209700-1292949939_thumb.j

Which Head unit is Auto me?or are you refering to the Tom Tom Follow me ones (see attached)?

if its the Genuine Toyota ones that come in the Grandes, there might be a way to adjust the touch screen sensitivity.

Id take it to the dealer and windge since its happen again.

Also, get someone else to try it aswell just to make sure it not your fingers :P

No its the Autome unit from China off ebay, similar to DJ's.

The last of the non digital ones.

Thank you.

Which Head unit is Auto me? Or are you referring to the Tom Tom Follow me ones (see attached)?

If it’s the Genuine Toyota ones that come in the Grande’s, there might be a way to adjust the touch screen sensitivity.

I’d take it to the dealer and winged since its happen again.

Also, get someone else to try it as well just to make sure it not your fingers :P

No its the Autome unit from China off ebay, similar to DJ's.

The last of the non digital ones.

Thank you.

Just a thought. Not sure how much you’re willing to spend. The other option you have is to get an aftermarket brand name DVD/GPS unit, (e.g. Kenwood Pioneer etc) and get the surrounding head unit pocket frame from Toyota so it fits perfectly to your dash.

My touch screen is playing up again, last one replaced under warranty, would chop and change all by its own. Change songs on cds, maps on satnav and radio stations.

Buying no name Chinese things could be a gambling.

If I replace it with say the t-c200 unit

From website pictures of T-C200, I would say that it is absolutely the same unit as autome's.

+1

+1

Yep a gamble but also most aftermarket "name" brands do not allow the use of the steering wheel controls. A mate just put a 1600 $ unit in his HSV ute and its nice but does nothing more and in fact les than my 400 $ unit.

Hang around for digital radio version then rebuy me thinks.

Merry Fatman you all!

Yep a gamble but also most aftermarket "name" brands do not allow the use of the steering wheel controls. A mate just put a 1600 $ unit in his HSV ute and its nice but does nothing more and in fact les than my 400 $ unit.

All the brand names i have come across do allow Steering wheel control with an additional adaptor..

It comes down to personal choice really, i guess you have seen the results of the $400 dollar unit,,,