is it possible to import US model Sienna to Australia?

MichaelG

recently checked on youtube about the new 2020 Sienna, it's a beauty, but only available in US,  Toyota Australia should make it for us as well!!!

Sienna_2018_SE_Hero_Image_Desktop-1.png

Considering Toyota Aus has just discontinued the Tarago and replaced it with the Hiace-based Granvia, I highly doubt they'd consider the Sienna (plua I'm 99% sure they don't even exist in RHD anyway, being designed and built for the American market)

you are right, but Toyota Granvia is too big and the configuration is not designed to address Assie requirement. the only good part is the Diesel Engine. our market do need something to compete Kia Carnical and Honda Odyssey in terms of size and power.

12 minutes ago, MichaelG said:

you are right, but Toyota Granvia is too big and the configuration is not designed to address Assie requirement. the only good part is the Diesel Engine. our market do need something to compete Kia Carnical and Honda Odyssey in terms of size and power.

We had that for years with the Tarago, and sales were obviously not strong enough to continue it.  Spending millions to re-engineer the Sienna (which isn't actually much smaller than the Granvia) would not be a wise decision for Toyota considering how small the minivan/MPV segment is relatively speaking.

• 3 years later...

I rent a 2023 model in US just few days ago it’s beauty and real good on fuel much nicer to drive compare to Honda Odyssey which I own one 2022 model make me wonder why Toyota AUS won’t bring the Sienna hybrid to Australia instead we get bulky ugly looking Granvia with diesel engine 🤔🤔!!