New to cars & diy

Hi guys I'm relatively new to owning cars and in particular I own a 1.8L 4 cylinder Auto Corolla. I've had it previously serviced at a mechanics but have now decided to do it myself and with some help from a BMW-obsessed friend I have managed to do so today.

My only issue is I bought some coolant which was tectaloy xtra cool concentrate. It's green, was a 500ml bottle which makes 10L of coolant when mixed with water. It's to Australian standard as2108-2004 'type b'. When I flushed my radiator, however, the existing coolant was red. And after flushing it realised I may have the wrong coolant. I looked in my owner manual which only tells me to use Toyota long life or equivalent. Is what I have an appropriate equivalent, or do I need to be using red coolant, the type a stuff? Or is it completely necessary I get the Toyota specific stuff?

Also, might seem like a stupid question, but should I have overdrive on or off when driving?

Thanks in advance!

So can I go to super cheap and get something like tectaloy xtra cool gold - red. Or tectaloy hi-load red. Would they be fine? Or is it important to get the toyota specific stuff?

IMO either use the Nulon Red coolant ($45ish for enough to make 10lt - which should be enough to fill the system twice) or get the genuine toyota red (super expensive)