Cheap Sera

Cosmo2011

I saw this cheap damaged sera on ebay.com.au, I was wondering what you guys think. The address is http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-Sera-1990-E-EXY10-ACPGH-/220722451444?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item33641553f4. whats the max i should bid on it?. I really want one and this could be a bargain. Apart from the graze on the door and the guard, i may have to buy second hand ones and the bit of panel damage and one tail light, it seems to look ok. The other ones on Ebay are through Dealers and there way out of my league.

I saw this cheap damaged sera on ebay.com.au, I was wondering what you guys think. The address is http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-Sera-1990-E-EXY10-ACPGH-/220722451444?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item33641553f4. whats the max i should bid on it?. I really want one and this could be a bargain. Apart from the graze on the door and the guard, i may have to buy second hand ones and the bit of panel damage and one tail light, it seems to look ok. The other ones on Ebay are through Dealers and there way out of my league.

Hi Cosmo,

From the description it sounds like it could be a bargain at the price, especially if you are after a large amount of parts *IF* they are in running order. If you want to buy it to fix up then be aware that it will cost a bit and make sure that the simple but all important things are in full working order such as the Air-Con! Without it the summer in a glass bubble is hell. I had to track down a new evaperator for mine and it was a pain in the **** and went missing while being shipped from Japan. It was presumed dead but then turned up a few months later and now I haven't had the time to replace it myself (big job) or the spare funds to pay someone else to do it.

The moral of the story is that you have to remember that it is a 20 year old car that started its life in another country and has probably had a few owners thrashing it a bit so have it properly checked out so you are not stung by the extra costs of having a nice car that you can be proud of.

Let me know if you end up getting a Sera. They are a great car to drive and always turn heads.