ADVICE FOR BUYING CAR WITH NO LOG BOOK

Hey guys,

Ive found a really nice clean corolla to buy, however the owner doesnt have any log book with it. Its an 05 corolla sportivo, and apparently he bought it from the previous owner who didnt have the log book. The seller told me that the front bumper and left head light had been changed due to the car being in an accident, and that its been replaced with genuine toyota parts. The issue is though, is that the majority of 05 corolla sportivos ive looked at, are missing log books and have been in accidents. If anyone could give me some input on what they think, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have also checked REVs and the car isnt listed, however it might have just been repaired privately so that insurance might not have had to list it on REVs. I know the majority of people say get an NRMA inspection done on it, but they mainly deal with mechanical aspects of the car and not really any chassis damage.

Also, if i do buy the car and decide to sell it, would it be easy to trade into a dealer for cash, or would they require log books for the car as well?

Cheers.