Is this worth the money?

Im after a rav4 sx6 2009 which the dealer is offering for $33990 and has 18k on odo.It was dropped from $36k.Could be a demo or company car.When it was new the vehicle cost $46k.Of course I will have to pay stamp duty and transfer with rego above it. I think for this amount transfer will be $21 and the stamp duty will be 3% of price or market value whichever is higher. Do you think this is a good price or a price around 29-30k will be reasonable? Of course I have to get it checked my a mechanic from state inspections.Any info will be appreciated.A member had said that with stamp duty and transfer price could go upto new car price,but I think even cv6 new ones are above 40mark now.Ta

The price at which the dealer was after is fairly reasonable, since it's a dealer sale. Go to carsguide.com or carsales.com and go to the valuation or specs page to have a fair idea of how much the car should worth. that should help you with your purchase.

Edited by Seifer

The price at which the dealer was after is fairly reasonable, since it's a dealer sale. Go to carsguide.com or carsales.com and go to the valuation or specs page to have a fair idea of how much the car should worth. that should help you with your purchase.

Despite it not having rego.I reckon its a vic vehicle and I will have to pay the xfr fees,rego and of course stamp duty on top of the price? When I look at valuations,do I look at the trade in price or dealer price? Ta

Another place to try for your valuations is RedBook

REDBOOK LINK 09 SX6

Although it isn't set in stone, it offers a good guide. And looks like you are on the money!

yeah mate I checked out that site already.Ta.What did you mean by "you are on the money"?

Edited by shb

REDBOOK LINK 09 SX6

Although it isn't set in stone, it offers a good guide. And looks like you are on the money!

yeah mate I checked out that site already.Ta.What did you mean by "you are on the money"?

I meant that your offer seemed pretty good - the car seems cheap relative to what Redbook says :)

REDBOOK LINK 09 SX6

I meant that your offer seemed pretty good - the car seems cheap relative to what Redbook says :)

Ok.That part had me worried,and after I asked for a mech inspc the dealer has done a houdini.That means that there might have been something wrong with the vehicle.Anyway if so,good riddance.Ta

Edited by shb