IPods & USB Connectivity

G'day,

New to this forum, just purchased a Levin ZR & whilst it is a great little car to drive there seems to be some software issues between the latest software update version from Apple for the IPods and IPhones and the current head units used in Corollas anyway, would assume there are issues across the range.

Seems Apple's latest software update v.4.0 onwards is NOT compatible with head units in 2010 model Toyotas onwards. I figured this out by connecting an IPod with older v.3.0 software and it had no problems with connectivity. No thanks to Apple, talk about bad customer service, they did not want to know about it.

Anyway I have to rely on the Aux connection at the moment "which can be tricky as the car is a manual so one hand on the steering wheel and one one the IPod/gear stick, not very safe" until the manufacturer of the Head Units "Fujitsu" arranges an upgrade or replacement head unit, won’t find out until next service as it will be National I believe or maybe even Global who knows.

To be fair to the guys at the Toyota dealership, they were aware of the problem unlike Apple and I hope this answers anyone’s similar issue that I’m having with IPod connectivity.

Lesson learnt – Never Do software Updates & if it ain't broke,leave it alone!!!

im using an iphone4 (version 4.2.1) for music and plugs into my aux and it works fine.

Issue is with the USB not Aux

I have the same issue with the 6CD unit via USB. This is apparently a known issue as reported in the press recently, and carpoint provided an update on 3rd Feb that a fix was available, however visiting my dealer this morning, whilst they knew of the problem, they are not aware of any fix.

It works fine via Bluetooth, but I upgraded the base Ascent Unit to the 6CD unit, so I could take advantage of the MP3 data being displayed during playback.

im using an iphone4 (version 4.2.1) for music and plugs into my aux and it works fine.

Issue is with the USB not Aux

I have the same issue with the 6CD unit via USB. This is apparently a known issue as reported in the press recently, and carpoint provided an update on 3rd Feb that a fix was available, however visiting my dealer this morning, whilst they knew of the problem, they are not aware of any fix.

It works fine via Bluetooth, but I upgraded the base Ascent Unit to the 6CD unit, so I could take advantage of the MP3 data being displayed during playback.

They probably won't do anything until nearly everyone complains about it, I'm not too bothered by it as there is the Bluetooth, CD and Aux to use but at the end of the day it would be nice to get what we all paid for

Seems Apple's latest software update v.4.0 onwards is NOT compatible with head units in 2010 model Toyotas onwards. I figured this out by connecting an IPod with older v.3.0 software and it had no problems with connectivity. No thanks to Apple, talk about bad customer service, they did not want to know about it.

Firstly, apples customer service is normally top notch, secondly, down grade your iPod to version3 it's easy to do

v4.2 Iphone 4 and lastest itouch will not work with eclipse head units either (just to add). My ipod nano (square one) works fine since it's on older version. Maybe everyone is struggling to generate a fix for this?

Firstly, apples customer service is normally top notch, secondly, down grade your iPod to version3 it's easy to do

How do you do it?

• 2 years later...

Just bought a 2013 corolla sport. Was going to buy a iPod nano for the car. Is there still a problem with compatibility? The audio handbook shows a list of ipods that are compatible but they are all older versions. Did not get a definite answer from Toyota, said to try it before you buy it. I could use bluetooth but I've read that you lose audio quality, is this true?