Brake pad options for ZRE for street and track day advice Please

I have searched for anyone modifying the brake pad for stronger performance especially for track day.. I would love to have QFM A1RM brake pads but not sure whether it is available for ZRE... Anyone take their ZRE to track? what brake pads are you using?

I am planning to take the car to track day just for fun

I don't like the factory brake pads anyway. The factory brakes for the ZRE is too weak, even for street driving..

I bet QFM do a pad for the ZRE ;). Contact a company by the name of GSLRallysport, Greg is a top bloke and will give you a hand. QFM are good value for money, but you can spend more if you want JDM y0, just find something with a similar heat range.

I have tracked 3 times now in the ZRE with stock brake rotors, pads and calipers. Still fine to this day.

Le.vinh.zr is awaiting his order of Dixon (JDM brand) slotted rotors + calipers + brake pads = mass braking sexytime. Be aware of the price though

Our standard brakes are fine for street use and even so on track. But if your looking for an upgrade, i'd go Fronts Slotted Rotors and upgrade pads all round. No need to bother with slotted rotors at rear because you wont use them.

Me and Dwee looking into brake upgrade too, pads will be fine even with stock rotors. Just need something to help us brake later and stop earlier.

Dont have to go all out on this area of mods (Depending on your application, if your street/track use and how hard/often you brake) as we dont have enough power to require such brutal stopping force. :P

But my recommendation would definitely be change of pads, im also waiting for some aftermarket available pads. I was looking in the way of Ferodo.

QFM sounds like the biz or Project MU or Bendix or Ferodo or if you can afford it... AP Racing? lol

Just get a reply from QFM

> A1RM to suit would be a custom order, so need to allow 3-4 weeks, and

> $179 per set front or rear. Shipping is free when you order front and

> rear pads together, or else $8 per axle set individually.

>

> Easiest way to order is credit card over the phone, 1300 884 836, or

> else swing me your details, full name and delivery address (preferably a

> work or business address!!) and I can fire you through an invoice with

> direct deposit details.

I have done several emergency braking on the street and I do think the brakes are weak. However, I cannot find any braking distance chart to support my arguments, anyone can tell me the ZRE braking distance?

Edited by ben yip

I have tracked 3 times now in the ZRE with stock brake rotors, pads and calipers. Still fine to this day.

Le.vinh.zr is awaiting his order of Dixon (JDM brand) slotted rotors + calipers + brake pads = mass braking sexytime. Be aware of the price though

Our standard brakes are fine for street use and even so on track. But if your looking for an upgrade, i'd go Fronts Slotted Rotors and upgrade pads all round. No need to bother with slotted rotors at rear because you wont use them.

Me and Dwee looking into brake upgrade too, pads will be fine even with stock rotors. Just need something to help us brake later and stop earlier.

Dont have to go all out on this area of mods (Depending on your application, if your street/track use and how hard/often you brake) as we dont have enough power to require such brutal stopping force. :P

But my recommendation would definitely be change of pads, im also waiting for some aftermarket available pads. I was looking in the way of Ferodo.

QFM sounds like the biz or Project MU or Bendix or Ferodo or if you can afford it... AP Racing? lol

You don't mean Dixcel do you? :P

I'd skip the slotted rotors unless you are having glazing issues; in which case go to a higher temperature rated pad to solve first. The slots don't help in braking, they just resurface the pad, thus wearing them out faster. Keep the rear stock as I doubt they do much like on the ZZE, save some money and just get the fronts.