Fitting the new grill

So i put the new grill on my aurion today. the open mouth one with the mesh got it from Bodykits Kingdom

Not a big fan of being able to see EVERYTHING behid it. I moved the horns but still have the black centre support that stands out

any suggestions etc

The Sport Grill club

As for the mesh, I bought mine from Autobarn for around $20 which was large enough to remesh the grill and cover the lower grill. 2 pieces are needed to do that as well as putting a second layer in behind. Most auto stores should stock it as well.

Just got the grill!!

a better option would be to go to auto pro/supercheap/repco.. buy a pack of the black mesh (29 bucks) and remesh it.. you'll find the mesh is finer, and if your really keen, double mesh it for a darker look. See pics of Defyant's front grille, i double meshed that one before i sold it.

if you wanna spray it, get some primer to pay down first and simply go to super cheap auto and buy some car paint (12 bucks a can) to the colour you like..

Any idea where to buy some finer mesh?? as the one at Supercheap looks the same as what is already on it

any pic of what other people did?

My first quote mentions putting some more mesh behind it. The orientation of the mesh makes a huge difference to as to whether you can see through it or not. Look at it closely and you will see.

I used a layer behind mine and you can barely see through it:

06062009461.jpg

dsc03060ds4.jpg

Any idea where to buy some finer mesh?? as the one at Supercheap looks the same as what is already on it

any pic of what other people did?

Just browse through those links posted above by Daryl and you will get an idea of what everyone has done..there are plenty of pictures mate

Sigh. I'll be nice this time and spoon-feed you to save the research:

check my grill out

Okay, so I got my car back and finally had the opportunity to fix up my grill. I used black mesh (1200mm x 280mm) which I picked up from Autobarn on special for $19.95. I cut it to size and put it in place. A picture tells a thousand words so I won't bother explaining it since you can see how it sits. I took this photo prior to tying it all down. It is now tied down and sits really tight:

dsc02950mt9.jpg

And here are some photos I took of the end result. I took some without the flash to show that you can see the definition of the front mesh, and I also used the flash so you can see the Moiré effect of the second mesh. And yes, I forgot the before photos, but with the flash on, you would pretty much see the big silver radiator behind.

dsc02952qd5.th.jpg dsc02953qb8.th.jpg dsc02954nw1.th.jpg dsc02959mx7.th.jpg

Now I just need to buy some more mesh and cover the bottom section... and fix that horn.