3600km = clutch replacement

Hey guys, I just went to my Toyota dealer to check my clunking clutch and they said they need to replace 3 parts for it and that I'd have to wait for 2 or 3 weeks.

What would you do in my situation? The car is brand new, bought 2 months ago and had only done 3600km. Is there anything I could do to squeeze something extra from them? I'm not happy about this. Waste of my time. They wouldn't even lend me a car to use.

Hey guys, I just went to my Toyota dealer to check my clunking clutch and they said they need to replace 3 parts for it and that I'd have to wait for 2 or 3 weeks.

What would you do in my situation? The car is brand new, bought 2 months ago and had only done 3600km. Is there anything I could do to squeeze something extra from them? I'm not happy about this. Waste of my time. They wouldn't even lend me a car to use.

when does the clunk happen?

You can't squeeze anything else. Job should be done under warranty and the dealer is under no obligation to provide you with anything else.

Even if you get a Toyota sticker, it would be a bonus.

The clunk probably happened since day one but since it was new, I was very careful with it and have always slotted the first gear in slowly and therefore didn't really notice it until about a couple of weeks ago. Doesn't matter anyway since I wouldn't be able to prove it to them.

I was hoping they would replace it with a brand new car. Haha..

As far as I know there has to ba a number of issues which are unable to be resolved before there would be any chance of applying the 'Lemon' replacement rule. I would definitely keep a record of ongoing problems in a log book if they continue to come up.

I feel sorry for you having problems so early in the ownership of your new car but generally dealers do their best to keep ther customers happy so that they come back to buy their next car. I would tend more toward giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Hope this can be resolved to your satisfaction

The clunk probably happened since day one but since it was new, I was very careful with it and have always slotted the first gear in slowly and therefore didn't really notice it until about a couple of weeks ago. Doesn't matter anyway since I wouldn't be able to prove it to them.

ok. cuz i was thinking if it would be the same clunking noise with my car also. does it happen when you are clutching in and out? and shifting through the gears?

ok. cuz i was thinking if it would be the same clunking noise with my car also. does it happen when you are clutching in and out? and shifting through the gears?

It only happens when I slot the 1st gear in after stepping on the clutch, and only if I slot the gear in a bit quick. I'm not sure about the other gears, I'll have to test it tomorrow. I've only been concentrating on the first gear. There's a slight clunk somewhere in the middle and it actually jolted my car slightly. That jolting part is what got me worried and turned out I was right. They said they need to replace 3 parts, though what they are the service guy wouldn't say.

On a side note, I went and asked the spare parts department about TRD suspension kit while waiting. $2980 according to them, anyone got it? Is it worth it? Would it add value to the Ascent or actually hurt the resale value? TRD on an Ascent... I'm thinking about trading it in for the FT-86 when it comes out. I haven't been this excited about a Toyota since the Supra but I was too young to get a car then.