Speakers Corolla 2003

Hi Folks,

I amwondering what the dimensions (eg inches of) of the factory speakers in both the front and rear of the vehicle are as I need to replace them. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated also.

Thanks,

Phoenix

Hi Folks,

I amwondering what the dimensions (eg inches of) of the factory speakers in both the front and rear of the vehicle are as I need to replace them. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated also.

Thanks,

Phoenix

if you did a search you would of found that this topic has been covered a number of times.

but you will be fine with replacing them with 6" or 6.5" speakers.. they both will fit your front and back...

with the rears you may need to make your own spacer for it as the rears are attached or you can just carefully break it off.

Edited by stock

6" or 6.5" will fit fine.

I suggest making a mount for the speakers out of 8mm MDF so you have a solid sound and no rattles. Use the old stock speakers as a template.

Depending on how much you wanna spend on In-Car Entertainment (ICE) will dictate what sort of setup you get.

Personally , I would go 6.5" Splits in the front and 6.5" coax in back.

Do you have a budget for your setup. What do you want out it? Just an improvement on stock or something thumpin?

Let us know :)

6" or 6.5" will fit fine.

I suggest making a mount for the speakers out of 8mm MDF so you have a solid sound and no rattles. Use the old stock speakers as a template.

Depending on how much you wanna spend on In-Car Entertainment (ICE) will dictate what sort of setup you get.

Personally , I would go 6.5" Splits in the front and 6.5" coax in back.

Do you have a budget for your setup. What do you want out it? Just an improvement on stock or something thumpin?

Let us know :)

I put a new head unit in the vehicle and it is now giving me "DC Error"......been told by Alpine is is to do with either speakers blown or shorting out...it was working fine......then suddenly not...so just looking at replacing the speaker that is faulty with a new pair and not spending a bomb....thank you for the help :)