why is my spare tyre black not silver

lembasts

Hi,

I have a 2010 aurion prodigy and I had to change a tyre for the first time yesterday. When I looked at the manual it said to remove the silver cap thingy with the bevelled thingy. That is what I have done with cars in the past. However with my aurion I couldnt remove the silver thingy as it seemed to be a permanent attachment to the whole tyre metal thing. My spare tyre however was black so its looks a bit funny compared to the others. Was I dudded with the spare tyre when I bought the car new in that they should have included a spare which had the same silver metal assembly as the other tyres? Or is it normal for the spare to be different to the four tyres?

Thanks

David

The fact that the hows your father is different from the other 4 thingys already on your car suggests you didn't pay extra for a full sized dealy.

If you did pay for the whole.hog spare and you inded don't have the spare; then I would say someone has been half-inching you and I would get my rage on and start busting skulls until the situation is rectified.

ATX and Prodigy are the only two variants that come with a Steel Wheel as a spare.

ATX - Full Size Steel

Touring - Full Size Alloy

Prodigy - Full Size Steel

SX6 - Full Size Alloy

ZR6 - Full Size Alloy

Presra - Full Size Alloy

ATX and Prodigy are the only two variants that come with a Steel Wheel as a spare.

ATX - Full Size Steel

Touring - Full Size Alloy

Prodigy - Full Size Steel

SX6 - Full Size Alloy

ZR6 - Full Size Alloy

Presra - Full Size Alloy

Thanks. I take steel means black and alloy means silver. In which case i wasnt dudded. Thats good to know....