ZZE Corolla foglights

I'm wondering about the installation of fog lights into my stock standard ZZE Corolla Ascent.

Today whilst I was cleaning under my car (yes, I clean under my car too), I saw a random wire hanging right behind the left fog light... It's not connected to anything and has two holes. I've heard that some ZZE's are pre-wired, so I'm wondering if that means my car is pre-wired for fog lights and all I need is two fog lights, a relay, micro switch and combination switch inside the car?

it is as easy as that, i have done it to mine and a couple of other peoples, the genuine stalk isnt too cheap thou, i have an aftermarket setup here with a switch that goes in next to the electric mirror switch, its missing the drivers side foglight thou, so if you can find a drivers side foglight or buy just that side genuine i have the rest here!

I'm pretty sure mine has that too!

But what would control them in the cabin? Like dedicated switches (like in Euro cars) or just automatically turn on with the headlights?

Might be easier to just power them up from the battery and add a switch?

• 7 months later...

Didnt really want to revive an old thread, but i have a question with the foglight situation. As i said earlier, i found a random wire + connector right behind the passenger side fog light... However I havent located the one on the right hand side fog light cover, any one know where it could be hiding or is it connected in series or something like that?

Im really keen to start buying the parts required (and the factory OEM stalk too!)...