Need help with a head unit

TRDLUVR

Hi guys, i was just wondering...i bought a DVD/GPS head unit from ebay which was recomended from a couple of guys from here. i bought it just over a year ago and now im having some issues. Just wanted to know if other people on here are having the same problems?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320800786339 autome305<----- This is a newer model of the head unit i have but its the same seller.

My volume keeps cutting out no matter what im listening to (CD, USB or radio). I have sent a message to the seller but i just wanted to know if anyone else had any issues from here and if they were able to fix it.

best guess is something to do with the volume control and its contact point internaly....

one of the electronic nuts would have a better idea then me haha

And over to you DJKOR....

Funny you mention this. I too have the Autome unit and just yesterday afternoon, it started playing up. Not quite like yours, but playing up nevertheless. My sub keeps cutting out randomly. I have my sub plugged into the stereo out and not the dedicated subwoofer output because I prefer it that way. Basically it comes and goes and sometimes a solid bump in the road or a sharp turn will cause it to come back on when it disappears. The same doesn't really apply for when it cuts out though. I could just be sitting at the lights and it would disappear. It seems to also be affected by temperature (more evidence towards dry joints).

I'm suspecting that over time after heating and cooling inside the car all the time, it has developed some dry joints inside on the amplifier components or something. I won't really know until I take it out tomorrow and make a quick inspection. I don't expect to be able to fix it, but I'll do what I can.

In other words, I can't really help you out. Sh*t happens... More so with Cheap Chinese Sh*t.

Update: Seems like my problem just got worse. Not only is my sub cutting in and out, but the entire low frequency range is cutting in and out on all speakers (which are powered by the head unit). At times it sounds like the sound is only coming from the tweeters. I think this unit is going to be destined to the bin.

Funny you mention this. I too have the Autome unit and just yesterday afternoon, it started playing up. Not quite like yours, but playing up nevertheless. My sub keeps cutting out randomly. I have my sub plugged into the stereo out and not the dedicated subwoofer output because I prefer it that way. Basically it comes and goes and sometimes a solid bump in the road or a sharp turn will cause it to come back on when it disappears. The same doesn't really apply for when it cuts out though. I could just be sitting at the lights and it would disappear. It seems to also be affected by temperature (more evidence towards dry joints).

I'm suspecting that over time after heating and cooling inside the car all the time, it has developed some dry joints inside on the amplifier components or something. I won't really know until I take it out tomorrow and make a quick inspection. I don't expect to be able to fix it, but I'll do what I can.

In other words, I can't really help you out. Sh*t happens... More so with Cheap Chinese Sh*t.

Update: Seems like my problem just got worse. Not only is my sub cutting in and out, but the entire low frequency range is cutting in and out on all speakers (which are powered by the head unit). At times it sounds like the sound is only coming from the tweeters. I think this unit is going to be destined to the bin.

ohh... not good.

I'm planning to get the Easydeals version, but they don't have any stock till late feb/early march - hope this issue dosen't exist in their models >_<

It's better to get a good brand product like sony, pioneer, kenwood, alpine, jvc etc.

Yes, but you try to find a brand name head unit that has the OEM styling of the Aurion head unit.

• 1 month later...

What you REALLY should do it get the unit from Brash Imports. Yeh it cost you more but at least you will not have to put up with a crap unit. www.brashimports.com.au (03) 95238899