kluger fuel economy

Ratheesh Kumar

Hi mate

I find the best fuel for economy is 98 premium, but the cost difference between 91 and 98 cancel out extra fuel economy you get with 98.

Your best bet is 91 preferable bp, but other brands are fine, personally I would give the e10 fuels a miss, they may be cheaper, but you dont get as good economy out of them, that off sets the cheaper purchase cost. mixing 90% 91 and 10% 98 wouldnt make that big of a difference in fuel economy, thats just my personal opinion, only way is to try it and see what happens.

the best fuel if you can afford it is bp ultimate, it cleans all fuel system and give your car more responsive acceleration, but again the cost difference outway the benefits of better economy.

Hi mate

I find the best fuel for economy is 98 premium, but the cost difference between 91 and 98 cancel out extra fuel economy you get with 98.

Your best bet is 91 preferable bp, but other brands are fine, personally I would give the e10 fuels a miss, they may be cheaper, but you dont get as good economy out of them, that off sets the cheaper purchase cost. mixing 90% 91 and 10% 98 wouldnt make that big of a difference in fuel economy, thats just my personal opinion, only way is to try it and see what happens.

the best fuel if you can afford it is bp ultimate, it cleans all fuel system and give your car more responsive acceleration, but again the cost difference outway the benefits of better economy.

This was covered in an earlier thread....in short don't just go off the pump price as you may end up costing yourself more. See below from earlier thread and link. cheers

They did a recent experiment on this on tv.

Was one of the better experiments done with fuels as they allowed for various outside influences, even fuel in pump/lines etc. (below link explains it all)

In short the 98 fuels cost you less per tank even allowing for the additional pump price. And this is before you even take into account the added cleaners, and how much better it is for your engine overall.

The worst by far was e10 fuel, the sting to economy made it worse than 98 price wise!

Most people only look at the pump price sadly, and will swear black and blue that their fuel choice is smarter despite any real evidence. They end up costing themselves more!!

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/money/8238850/aca-sunday-which-petrol

Edited by wilsact