GJM85's Camry Sportivo

GJM85

Here is the family car. It's a 2004 ACV36R Camry Sportivo. 2A-ZFE, 5speed. I bought it in July of 2010 for 13k with 120,000kms.

It's still mint and still goes well and has 170,000kms on it. Only issues i've had is the plug falling of the master lock and window control on the drivers side causing random self locking. And my son played Tarzan on the rear door handle. Toyota replaced if for 77$.

I don't know a great deal about these newfangle horseless carts but I could see some minor mods in the future. Perhaps suspension and minor engine stuff. Any advice would be muchly appreciated.

This is the only pic i've got of it for now.

post-20213-0-80818100-1335181655_thumb.j

Edited by GJM85

A few things off the top of my head which can be done 'easily' (ie - off the shelf or easily acquired and worth doing):

- Headers (OBX makes off the shelf ones which should fit) + catback (wouldn't bother with a high flow cat, I am still using the factory one)

- High flow panel filter or a SRI/CAI setup

- Ultra Racing strut brace

- Ultra Racing front lower 4-point brace

- Ultra Racing rear lower bars (2x 2 point bars)

- Ultra Racing 19mm RSB or Whiteline 20mm blade adjustable RSB

- Offset control arm bushes if your car is pulling to the left (SuperPro, Nolathane, Whiteline)

- Superpro front lower steering rack bushes (makes a big difference to steering response)

- Kings/Lovells both make a low or superlow spring. Take away about 10mm of their predicted lowering heights

- ACV40R/GSV40R front brake upgrade (a must do! big difference over the standard Gen5 ones) or if you can afford it a TRD Aurion front brake upgrade (need 17" rims though).

That's all I can think of for now.

BTW, Pacific Blue looks really good when you throw a layer of wax or two on it :)

Hmm, sounds about right,

how about a short shifter too? since manual

I believe there is a short shifter kit for the E53 (not to be confused with the e153) but i can't remember who makes it.