Aurion paint quality problems

gimmemud

Hi Guys,

Every month or so I seem to see a new new stone chip in my bumper or on the bonnet. Looks like it's done 200k not 20k. When I bought the car new from toyota I got the paint protection and leather protection and it said to wash every week with ph neutral car wash and you'll never need to wax, prevents stone chips and tar, blah blah blah. I've been pretty good with cleaning every week, but I still have to scrub hard to get the tar off every week and seem to get a new stone chip every month. Anyone else with a 2011 White LE Aurion got the same problem? Anything I can do to stop it happening? Will toyota laugh in my face if I complain?

paint protection won't protect you from stone chips. a steel cuirass would be a better solution (albeit hard to.mount).

if you have to 'scrub' i have to ask; are you using any products at all?

Yes. They will most certainly laugh at you.

Short of getting a clear vinyl.wrap you won't have much luck preventing stone chips

Using Bowden's auto body gel with a microfibre wash mitt, don't expect to have no stone chips at all, but I reckon there are far too many for a car that's only done 20,000k. The commodore I traded in for the aurion had 180k and less.

Think the steel curaiss might hinder my vision slightly too haha.

We got the paint protection on my wifes Mazda 3, to get tar off you need to use either straight car wash and dab it on to soften the tar or bug and tar remover and be gentle as the tar will scratch the surface if you scrub to hard. But as Andrew said you wont stop stone chips unless you wrap it in clear vinyl which I have seen a company that does it but cant remember their name.