Installing head unit in 98 Vienta

BlastingBASS

Hey guys, i just bought a clarion cz501a head unit and am looking to take out the stock cassette and cd player. i have never done this sort of thing before and cannot find a guide on how to install it into a 98 vienta anywhere. would anyone be able to help me with this? Also if anyone has subby and amp knowledge i also bought 2 12" subs (FUSION CP-SW120) with peak power of 1300W and rms of 325W with 4ohm impedance and i don't really have alot of knowledge about car audio. I am looking to buy an amp when i have the money to spend so does anyone know of a good amp that would be able to power the 2 subs and 4 speakers or would i need 2 amps for that?

thanks in advance and sorry if this is in the wrong section

assumming 98 vienta and camry the same...replacing the headunit should be easy enough. download or note down the wiring/ cable diagram (colour coded).

here what I did...pardon as im not good writing instruction.

- take out the ash stray compartment

- pull open the surrounding plastic panel, easier when the ash stray out. you need a bit of force to take them off.

- disconnect the cables to the cig lighter

- unscrew the nuts (cant remember how many but basically common sense when you see the nuts) and remove the headunit.

- you may buy the headunit adapter but i cut the cable. if you cutting, do not cut all together, one by one to avoid short circuit.

- i reconnect the colour coded wire to the new HU (wiring guide supplied in manual) with the wire connector (connector_1.jpg).

- plug in the antenna cable

- test the hu

- wrap the wire connector with the electrical tape

- put everything back and enjoy

dunno about sub or amp. maybe others can help.

note: if you have auto retract up down antenna, i dont know how you connect it. I dont have it connected and my antenna already broken. But my radio still crisp clear. :P

***Do at your own risk.

thanks for the reply mate, i reckon there wouldn't be much difference between a camry and vienta seeing as how the vienta is based off a camry. Still deciding whether i should install myself or get it professionally done but again thanks.

Check out this site : http://www.installdr...yota-Wiring.asp

It has the Camry wiring info.

Don't cut the original harness, you can buy an adapter from Super cheap Auto that plugs into the Camry harness, then you join those new wires into the new Stereo wires.

Works better if you solder the connections too.

This tells you how to remove the dash etc. to swap over the units : http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/Toyota/PDF/869037.asp

Cheers

Edited by rolla02