DIY AE112 brake job

post-27536-0-52433300-1343441719_thumb.j The pic of a stock AE112 brake rotor

post-27536-0-93451400-1343441782_thumb.j The picture after brake rotor replacement . I use a RDA slotted rotor , replace the brake pads using a Toyota original disc pad for camry i bought from ebay , grease and lubricate the caliper sliding pins. I would say brake bite had improve very significantly over stock.

• 1 month later...

Got the RDA slotted rotors (part#RDA709s) at ebay discounted $120 delivered (end of financial year discount) , got the genuine Toyota brake pads for Camry (SDV10 ) aftermarket Part # DB1467 at $25 at ebay.

By looking at your profile picture,your car has part #DB308 (see bendix.com.au) front disc pad.

Man that's cheap. Should of got it earlier the price has jumped lol. Do you have by any chance the rear disc breaks or drum? Because I want to know the process of converting drum to disc if its worth it. ie changing break lines, suspension etc. I've seen some models of our Corolla's have rear discs breaks and wondering if they converted or came factory like that?

Thanks for you help.

You could still get the RDA rotors cheap but not slotted (RDA709) around $100 a pair. I have done the brake drum conversion to disc using a AE102 conquest sedan. It is a bolt off bolt on affair, pls note you have to get the equalizer hand brake cable on each caliper , the brake line hoses, the brake pressure equalizer,and the rear hubs assembly to complete the installation from the donor car. You can also use the parts from a AE112 Levin. If you want to undergo this project , post a question in this forum and i am willing to help you.

Can you do it for me :P lol

Thanks for the info man. I might consider it down the track. I'm going to have this car for a while anyways so yeah. I'll make sure ill ask you before anything happens :) thanks bud.

No problem , gather all the parts needed and come down here in Brisbane.

And here fo a teaser, I was checking parts at a wreckers and saw a Levin AE112 that was front ended. All brake disc assembly and rear knuckles are intact.

Question is what you gonna do?

Hmm how much do you reckon it will be all up?

And quick question that's out of topic, I'm not sure if this is right but did the levins also have the spoiler risers? Because there's one at the wreakers down here and he said I have a rear boot with spoiler risers on it and I looked at it and the boot was that candy red colour. He wanted 200 for the whole thing. And still to this day I believe he still has it waiting for me to pick it up :P I should ask him for the breaks and lines ay lol

question: is your car a Corolla ascent or conquest ? ABS brakes?

Ae112 levins have ABS brakes, and the rotor hubs will have a rotor ring, in that case if your car is non ABS its still ok.

You must have the brake cables and the brake rubber hoses, the cables are not available in the aftermarket shelf and they are very expensive at Toyota.

About the brake pressure equaliser (found at the firewall), check whats in your car if there is any difference in shape w/ the donor car, if the same it could be ok not to get it.

The spoiler risers were from the Sportivo, although there might be aftermarket ones out there as I've seen a few get sold second-hand, more than the number of Sportivos that would have been written off or had aftermarket spoilers (there only was 110 of them afterall).