Disconnected small rubber tube,need help

allanlu

Good day, guys.

I have my 2007 aurion servicedpost-30025-0-65679300-1347332309_thumb.j a few months ago. When I open the engine hood yesterday, I found one small tube near the air intake is disconnected(Please refer to the photo attached). I sent the car to the mechanic who serviced my car, they said they didn't know about it and blocked the tube by some screws. They said it is not important and I still can drive until I find something strange. I am a bit worried about it, can anyone please tell me what the tube for? and should I get it fixed, the mechanic said it would cost a bit as they have to change the whole part of something.Cheers.

It was disconnected and they didn't know what to do so they blocked it with a screw instead? Please do the following:

1) Connect the tube to the part your have pointed your arrow at,

2) DO NOT go back to that mechanic ever again.

It wouldn't have done you any damage, but everything was connected for a reason.

Thanks for your answer. I will try to glue back the tube if possible, otherwise I will leave it until something goes wrong. Yes, you are right. They didn't figure out what the tube for. But I still would like to know the function of that part if I can find any manual or something. Thanks again.

But I still would like to know the function of that part if I can find any manual or something. Thanks again.

The service manuals are readily available from the FAQ's. It's not hard to find. But if I must:

di-11134734548416.png

I think as a public service, a bit of naming and shaming needs to happen here so fellow Aurion owners can avoid what sounds like a half ar$ed mechanic.

Geez.. fancy that! The mechanic is basically saying, "Dunno what dat there tube thingamahicky is fer... durrrh.... if it ain't runnin funny, then it cain't be too important. *blocks tube*. Durrhhh.... problem fixed. I's a good mechanic, I is.".