Question on front & rear sensors for 2012 Aurion Prodigy, Presara & ZR6

SLong

Hello... a simple question to all 2012 Aurion Prodigy, Presara & ZR6 owners...

For the front & rear sensors of the car, how are they controlled? ie. are the rear sensors activated when the car is on reverse? there is an on/off switch inside the car, do they turn all sensors off and on or are there separate on/off switches for the front & back?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks!! Asking as I wanted to put front sensors on my Atara SL but was told I can't as there's no space to put an on/off switch for it. The Atara SL comes with rear sensors as standard but there's an on/off switch for it.

Hmmm... if the on/off button is for both sensors, how would you differentiate the beeps of the front and back sensors?

Don't know why Toyota service say they can't install the front sensors on the Camry then?!?

Just leave it on all the time, it only goes off if you get real close to something front or back anyway. As far as telling the difference front to back the aurion has a screen on the dash which changes to show which sensors are going off and how close each one is. I never noticed this at first!! That's gonna be your issue with the camry, getting a screen. The sensors sound the same front to back.

Sorry just to clarify, I have a 2009 model. Just noticed your question was to 2012 models specifically but I can't imagine the setup to be different.

Edited by Couzellion

Thanks for all the replies. Make sense now as to why the dealer said it can't be done on the Camry unless they have another button put in to turn it on/off... since the existing one only controls the rear.

Just did a quick test on my Camry and the rear sensor has an on/off switch but even in on position, the rear sensor is only activated when on reverse - which makes sense but why the on/off switch I wonder?.

Edited by SLong

Having it on while reverse parking annoys some people? I have mine on all the time just out of habit but going through a drive through I'll turn it off since you generally have to get to close to walls etc and it's freakin annoying.

Anyway horses for courses.