New hot hatch

Luha

Just wondering if anyone has actually bought or at least tested the new corolla and what your thoughts are...?

I was fairly impressed with it but then again all the same complaints.. could be a 2.0L and more effort could go into the interior design.

Any thoughts on how it weighs up on comparisons as well... for example the lancer currently includes a lot more features for a lower price etc... I need to buy a new car and want to keep it around this size so have been comparing everything in the market. Even the fun stuff way out of mine and most peoples price range :P

Personally, I haven't had a proper close up look at the new rollas. A few people who have, told me they like the interior and features (it's not too bad but that's the Levin ZR) but are not really fond of the new exterior/shape.

Just wondering if anyone has actually bought or at least tested the new corolla and what your thoughts are...?

I was fairly impressed with it but then again all the same complaints.. could be a 2.0L and more effort could go into the interior design.

Any thoughts on how it weighs up on comparisons as well... for example the lancer currently includes a lot more features for a lower price etc... I need to buy a new car and want to keep it around this size so have been comparing everything in the market. Even the fun stuff way out of mine and most peoples price range :P

I bought My Toyota Corolla Hatch Automatic back in Dec of 2011 for $24000 which included $3000 for a trade in from my previous Corolla Hatch.

The cars are much cheaper and I suspect its because they are using some parts made in China. My car had no GPS car navigation system where the new model does. The new model car is about $7000 cheaper from the retail price of $27000 from when I bought. The currency is about what it was a year ago so why with so many new features are the cars so much cheaper.

One of my brothers friends bought a new Toyota 4wd (think it wasd a land cruiser) anyway the 4wd was going back and forth with the dealer. The parst that were failing were made in China. In the end being a mechanic he bought it better quality parts made in Japan and fixed up the car so it would have more power from the fuel injector and other parts he bought it so he didn't have to go back and forth with the dealer.

Like I said in another thread about this, not everything made in China is bad but for a new model 4wd to have such problems in the first place isn't to good.

When I am buying anything I do my research and look for review sites along with owners review sites and go from there.

There seems to be quite a bit of discussion on Chinese made parts in the latest Toyotas in car clubs around Perth.

I like the back of the new Toyota but the front looks like a smiling face to me and would put me off buying it.

My 2011 Toyota Corolla hatch looks better at the front and the newer car model looks lower to the ground which doesn't appeal to me.

I prefer my model car which is quite high off the ground so that if I am turning left and a 4wd is turning right I can at least see through his car windows to see if the road is clear.

We'll have to wait and see about how well these new Corollas run after 6 months or so to see if anything goes wrong with them.

The corolla I have had a banging sound coming from the back rear of the car which seems to have since disappeared. Toyota couldn't see a problem but will get a full service in the new year which I had to wait a few months as they refused to do it before which is quite odd with any Toyota dealer in Perth.

Saw what I thought was the new toyota on the road but turned out to be another brand of car which looked a bit better.

Think it was a VW or something.

Edited by jsta

I think hot hatch is a little excessive.

Econobox family car would be more appropriate?

The problem still lays with the engine, they really need to put something which puts out 140 - 150kw (considering it's weight) for it to be classified as a hot hatch.

However the issues is that it will become a competitor with the FT86 (well give people an option for a punchy reliable toyota) and also bring bad stigma when people start hooning in them.

Euro and Jap versions got double wishbone rears. We didnt.

AUDM Corollas just arent intended to be hot hatches :(

With the reintroduction of the Pulsar SSS into Australia, if it is successful we may see a new beginning of cheap hot hatches starting to pop up...