PRIUS FUEL PUMP MORE THAN $700

My Prius 2007 was Over 80k and I just had service check in Hurstville Toyota. I was told the car need a replacement for my fuel pump with more than $700. I checked the fuel pump price online and it was around $100. I told the stuff and she said the Toyota Genuine fuel pump price was more than $700. The total bill was near $2000 including service fee + 2 tyres + regular maintenance fee + fuel pump.I thought the other parts were reasonable, but fuel pump price was much more expensive than market price. Just want to check whether Toyota Genuine fuel pump price was more than $700.

Thanks

Thanks Steve,

I had told them I did not want it, but they wanted to charge me extra checking fee beside $664 service checking fee for 80KM.

I drove my car without any problem there just for standard service. Prius is sort of costly for maintenance. May need fair trade's help for this now.

Thanks

Dragonfly

Thanks Steve,

I had told them I did not want it, but they wanted to charge me extra checking fee beside $664 service checking fee for 80KM.

I drove my car without any problem there just for standard service. Prius is sort of costly for maintenance. May need fair trade's help for this now.

Thanks

Dragonfly

Dept of Fair Trading?

Don't waste your time, go to another mechanic who can offer log-book servicing and get them to have a look. Chances are they are going to be cheaper. The name UltraTune comes to mind.

Thanks. I just checked one of my friends. He said 80000 km service included intank fuel filter and fuel pump was possibly damaged during service. I just remembered the stuff did not said anything and just told me they found some suspicious problem. The car need be kept over-night to check the issue on the first day. The day after, stuff told me the fuel pump need be replaced and put an order for me. How can I tell the fuel pump has not been damaged by service guys?

Thanks