OEM headunits from different years..

supafrog

Hi,

Quick question regarding potential to swap OEM toyota headunits into the 2006 acv40 camry.

I know that in the interests of achieving better sounds etc, I'm probably better off looking to aftermarket headunits.. but i am trying to keep internal of car as stock looking as possible.

I have the non-bluetooth headunit currentl IIs y.Is it possible to do a straight swap in of a newer model camry headunit (from hybrid or normal eg: 2010+) which has bluetooth support as well as USB input(i think these ones also allow for reversing camery installation)?

I know i would also need the fascia panel as well, but is there wiring / pin differences?

For your Camry though you'd need to buy some plastic parts to over the sides as the units that came with the face lifted acv40 is smaller than what you have at the moment.

EDITED: just re read your original post and you are aware of this already :)

Edited by SLong

Slong... No worries and thanks for reminding me about the fascia :) .. I was more worried about pin/wiring .. as obviously want the steering controls to still work.

I was once told the later model (2011+ i was led to believe use different pins to the 2010 and earlier. )

Hmmm... Ok, my 2003 didnt have steering controls so I didnt have to worry about that but the other plug to connect to speakers, light switch, etc fits in 100%. I would think the plugs for the steering controls would be similar too but I can't be 100% sure on that.