Grounding Point near interior fuse box

andyhui01

Hey guys. I'm just trying to wire a UHF Radio and I can't seem to find any grounding points near the interior fuse box. There seems to be a bolt to the left of the gearbox where a bunch of Brown and Black wires are attached to (I assume they are ground wires) but after 30 minutes, alot of swearing and using extensions, uni extensions, spanners I can't get into that.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Hey guys. I'm just trying to wire a UHF Radio and I can't seem to find any grounding points near the interior fuse box. There seems to be a bolt to the left of the gearbox where a bunch of Brown and Black wires are attached to (I assume they are ground wires) but after 30 minutes, alot of swearing and using extensions, uni extensions, spanners I can't get into that.

I wired a car camera in my car.

I grounded it to a screw on a large round black bit of plastic under the glove box.

It worked.

My camera was set on "truck setting", so if the power was less than 21volt, it would shut off, so I changed it to "car mode" where power was less than 11.6volt and it worked. Double check you don't have anything like that.

Edited by adizz131

Any bolt of screw under there should be right to ground off and if you cant find one just drill a new hole in an easy to get to place and use a self tapper to secure the wire

I wired a car camera in my car.

I grounded it to a screw on a large round black bit of plastic under the glove box.

It worked.

My camera was set on "truck setting", so if the power was less than 21volt, it would shut off, so I changed it to "car mode" where power was less than 11.6volt and it worked. Double check you don't have anything like that.

I tried that. Didn't seem to work for me.

Any bolt of screw under there should be right to ground off and if you cant find one just drill a new hole in an easy to get to place and use a self tapper to secure the wire

Yea. I understand that. But apart from the one that is visible. The others were just too hard to get to without taking off the Glove Box.

Anyways, decided to finally take off the glove box. 5 Minute Job, wasn't as hard as I expected. And grounded it against the bolt all the other components are grounded to. All good now

Thanks Guys!

• 3 months later...

For anyone who needs to find a ground point under their dash, the easiest way to do it is to get a mutimeter that reads continuity. Put one tester on the wall of your cigarette lighter and the other to any screw. If the meter beeps than you have found a grounding point