Kluger recall problem

I have a 2008 Kluger, it was recalled due to the power window switch, I took it to Frankston Toyota to fix. When I got it back, the drivers window was making a clunking noise, which it wasn't before taking it there. Took it back again to fix, when I got it home I had trouble locking the door, over the weekend this has got worse, now it is impossible to lock drivers door, even using the auto and manual levers inside the car. I don't want to take it back to Frankston Toyota as they are obviously completely and hopelessly incompetent. Does anyone have a contact within Toyota head office that I could call to get this resolved, at the moment I have a car that I can not lock due to a supposedly simple recall. This is a ridiculous situation, I have tried to look up a complaints escalation procedure for Toyota Australia online, but haven't had any luck. Has anyone been down this path before, I'm really after a contact name and number I can call, don't want to get the run around from switch.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Rascal, Thanks for that, I did call the customer service number and they told me that I had to take it back to the dealer who did the work in the first place. They said that if I took it anywhere else I would have to pay for the work to fix the problem. So third time lucky and they actually managed to fix everything. They had forgotten to connect a cable back into the central locking mechanism. Anyway all working now, they were very apologetic and gave me a free hire car while they did the work, as well as cleaning the car extremely well, but all the same I wont be taking the car back to them. I really question the skill level of the mechanics they are employing. The problem is that its probably the same with all dealerships, including other brands. I really think your probably better off taking the car to a small local shop who may only have one or two mechanics, but I'm willing to bet that they are far more experienced.

I dont think that is nessisarily the truth. I think the best thing to do is find a dealership (and a service advisor) you like (ideally the one you buy the car from) and build a relationship with them. I do agree there are some dodgey mechanics out there but they are not exlusive to dealership (or private) workshops. However if you dont have any luck with a local dealer a private workshop can be the best way to go.