Grill of the presara 2010

I have recently purchased a Presara and I noticed that the paint on grill is peeling and underneath it appears to be chrome. Is it chromed underneath?The car is ex Toyato management and I wouldnt imagine it would have been painted over. The question is , is the grill supposed to be painted or chrome?

John

Depends on the market really. The Aurion (AU/ NZ excluding Sportivo grade.) comes with a Chrome & Black grille, while the Camry (South East Asian version, same exterior/ interior as the Aurion, but more upmarket.) comes with a full chrome grille.

Is the grille metal or plastic? If it's the former (Metal.), you can use paint stripper to get rid of the black paint. Some of the older Lexus models have a full metal Chrome / Black grille where owners could strip off the black painted portions resulting in a full chrome grille.

Thanks Alister

Just appears strange that chrome would be painted over. I would have thought Toyota would have had one or the other,to chrome and paint over appears a little strange. Mine is metal. The decision is now chrome or black.

John