Battery replacement for TOYOTA KLUGER CVX MCU28R 2006 4D WAGON 3.3

Domneil

My Kluger needs a battery replacement. Got a quote from a roadside assistance guy for $175/- (fitted) with a 3-year warranty for AC Delco. Is it economically fine or do I try out the AC Delco distributors for better deals?

Is any other battery recommended other than AC Delco?

Hi dominic, I recently replaced the original battery in my kluger with a ac delco heavy duty battery ,I only paid $145 at tyre power installed,very happy with it so far, if it was me I would stick with the ac delco,I had a ac delco in several of my cars over the years and they havent let me down, I would purchase it at a large tyre battery dealer,or ac delco distributor they would be the cheapest and your best bet

Thanks David for your suggestion.

Even I prefer AC Delco batteries as they are maintenance free as well. I checked with the AC Delco direct distributor here in Dandenong South and he also gave the same price of $145 with fitting and a 2.5 years warranty. For this to be done, I have to drive down a good 40-45 minutes (one-way) from where I live. The roadside assist guy who came home gave me a price of $175 with fitting and a 3-year warranty for the same battery and that too he will come home and fix it. Looking at the $30 difference, I reckon it would be worthwhile to go with him compared to driving down to Dandenong and also losing 6 months on the warranty from the direct distributor.

Your thoughts on this?

Hi dominic,sorry mate it took a while to reply,I forgot to check to see if you replied, If it was me I would go the roadside service to fit the battery, especialy if its a 45 minute journey oneway to the distributor and the roaside will come to your house and fit it for you and give you a extra 6 months warranty, that would be the way I would go mate.

Hi David,

Thanks for your suggestion. I got it done by the Roadside Assistance guy over the weekend. Just 15 minutes to get it done and no pain to drive to Dandenong and back. Plus as additional 6 months warranty. :)

Cheers,

Dominic.