Tommyd

Head unit sd card issue

Hoping someone can help me out with this one.

Disconnected the battery on my 2014 corolla today. On reconnecting I found the head unit was requesting the sd card be inserted, I assume it's a security as an alternative to a pin? Inserted the sd card and still no good - unable to read the contents or something along those lines. No radio functions work. I know why this has happened is because someone (who shall remain nameless!) decided to clear the card and put music on it thinking to play it through the radio.

Fully expecting to head to the dealership to resolve but thought it would be worth asking the question here. Is there any around the issue? It seems weird Toyota would leave security of the radio to an sd card which would likely be lost by the owner or just left in the radio anyway.

The radio is a touchscreen non-gps type

post-39067-0-75262700-1441935978_thumb.j

You know the first thing they are going to ask is WHY did you disconnect the battery.

Have you had a squiz thru the radio book which come in the hand books, other than that mate sorry bud

Did have a look through the manual but no luck unfortunately. Will probably tell them I had to pull out the battery to start another car or something like that.

Did find this thread which is very helpful, but still have a few issues. Anyone else having problems I recommend having a read.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/42626-help-please-on-my-car-radio-pzq60-00525/page-3

Hi, Did you find the solution ?I've got a same issue . Thanks for your help

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2015 at 11:47 AM, Tommyd said:

Hoping someone can help me out with this one.

Disconnected the battery on my 2014 corolla today. On reconnecting I found the head unit was requesting the sd card be inserted, I assume it's a security as an alternative to a pin? Inserted the sd card and still no good - unable to read the contents or something along those lines. No radio functions work. I know why this has happened is because someone (who shall remain nameless!) decided to clear the card and put music on it thinking to play it through the radio.

Fully expecting to head to the dealership to resolve but thought it would be worth asking the question here. Is there any around the issue? It seems weird Toyota would leave security of the radio to an sd card which would likely be lost by the owner or just left in the radio anyway.

The radio is a touchscreen non-gps type

post-39067-0-75262700-1441935978_thumb.j

Hi, Did you find the solution ?I've got a same issue . Thanks for your help

Anyone has any ideas or solutions? The above mentioned link is broken. I have the same issue.