Help me identify this part

So I was snooping around my engine bay (04 corolla ZZE122R with a 1ZZ-FE engine) and heard a buzzing sound and it appeared to be coming from this black box looking item behind the air filter enclosure. Can you help me identify exactly what it is and if it's supposed to have a buzzing sound coming from it? The buzzing sound, kinda sounds like a vacuum leak (that's about the closest I can think of describing it) and one of the hoses coming to and from it has the label "do not kink, fuel" on it. It caught my attention because I've never heard that buzzing sound before and was unsure whether it was unusual or not. Also it happened while the engine was off and have been so for a fair while.

963832_4991973398690_371439411_o.jpg

966009_4991973238686_1484594499_o.jpg
Edited by RLD114

+ 1 for charcoal canister

Also I can see the start of a part number, 7770 .... Toyota part number for the canister starts with 777... so that must be it :) :)

Thanks for all the help. I'll look more into it. At least now I have a better direction on where and what to look for.

it most likely was the charcoal canister making the noise too, my MR2 used to do it a lot.

Been doing some google search and I think it is actually a charcoal canister. And according to Mr.Google the hissing/buzzing sound does tend to happen a lot and is usually nothing to be concerned about. Funnily enough the top search results were all for Toyotas, thought it might be something prominent to the manufacturer but as already said mostly nothing to worry about.