HKS F-Con help!!!

DJcrypt

Can anyone tell me where i can get my ECU remapped??? ive tried 2 or 3 turbo mechanics but they say that type of software isnt available in Australia (let alone Adelaide)... any ideas???

also, the ECU is set to full exaust, intercooler upgrade, 180k/ph fuel cut-off but i dont know what boost the before was running. is this an issue?

Thanx in advance...

ive been asling around and it turns out they ether dont want to touch it, or its not common enough to buy the software. so im out of luck on that, but the ECU was pre mapped to my specs ne way, but i dont know the boost the car was running at.

thx DANZ

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem with my car... bought her with F-Con+GCC.

Appears to be "OK" but would like to get it tuned..

Most ppl have suggested if it becomes that much of a concern, throw it out and get something else... apparently very few ppl in Oz who know how to tune them, and all documentation is in Japanese.

Edited by raverX

The F-Con is very popular in Japan, especially for GT-R owners, since they need to keep the standard ecu to run it's super advance 4wd system and any other electronic gizmo it have, while supplementary F-Con ecu is there to run the other tunings. Its more like piggyback but it is superior like stand alone.

Hmmm now it reminds me, in Adelaide there is this tuner workshop called GT Autosound or something, maybe they can help.

However, just like we have discussed here, no one really wants to touch that ecu and you can grab other ecu that is as good and is known amongts tuners in Australia. If you're in Sydney, you can visit BD4, they're HKS supplier, perhaps they will be able to help out.

There is a tuner in Perth hat have a client with R34 tuned with F-Con, it requires them to get Trust head tuner from Japan to come down and get their client's car tuned, and now they are able to mimic what the F-Con does to Motec ecu or something. It was on Speed Magazine if my memory serves me well.

• 2 weeks later...

i found out that the model i have is for my car and is ready for me to run with the other upgrades. they told me that the technology is about 10yrs behind Oz tech today, therefore about 20yrs with Jap tech. i found someone that has access to the software, but it is in so low demand that they wouldnt order it in.....so yeah.

the story of my life

• 2 years later...
i found out that the model i have is for my car and is ready for me to run with the other upgrades. they told me that the technology is about 10yrs behind Oz tech today, therefore about 20yrs with Jap tech. i found someone that has access to the software, but it is in so low demand that they wouldnt order it in.....so yeah.

the story of my life

Hey

If you want a bit of a drive X speed in Perth can tune it for you..... What version of F con is it? HKS stuff is very advanced way ahead of any Aussie computers.....