New CD player - advice?

cam_mac

In the market for a double din screen cd player. Ive been looking at this one:

http://www.pioneer.com.au/au/products/25/109/281/AVH-X3500DAB/page.html

200-xl.jpg

I guess it will do everything I want it to. But I also wanted a CD player with an Auxiliary output jack at the front to plug the iphone straight into to play music. Does anyone know of ones similar to this with that option?

Or have any feedback about this one?

Cheers,

Cameron

Not sure about Pioneer, but Kenwood definitely have units with a front 3.5mm input, we've got a Kenwood DNX5360 DVD/NAV unit in the Soarer and I use the front jack to play music off my SGS4.

EDIT: Actually, looking at that unit it has a rear AuxUSB input, so you can run a USB cable through the dash to somewhere like the ashtray or centre console to allow you to plug your phone/iPod in etc. Looks a bit neater that way, and if you really want to go all-out you can cannibalise a dock/cradle and make a car-mount for your iPhone (Kenwood do iPod/iPhone cables that plug into the back of the unit and can charge your phone too, and I bet Pioneer would as well)

Yeh well by the time I stuff around installing a cable under the trim and into a centre console - at the end of the day it's still going to need a cable to plug into that point so I have freedom to move the phone around inside the car... Hence why I'm thinking just an output at the front of the unit.

Yeh well by the time I stuff around installing a cable under the trim and into a centre console - at the end of the day it's still going to need a cable to plug into that point so I have freedom to move the phone around inside the car... Hence why I'm thinking just an output at the front of the unit.

That's why you pay an installer :P

I've done my fair share of backyard installs (3.5 in total) and can't really be bothered doing any more, especially these days when you need to run GPS units, handsfree microphones, Bluetooth receivers, RCAs and power lines to amps etc etc)

That's why you pay an installer :P

I've done my fair share of backyard installs (3.5 in total) and can't really be bothered doing any more, especially these days when you need to run GPS units, handsfree microphones, Bluetooth receivers, RCAs and power lines to amps etc etc)

So very true... I did my first installs myself - never really had a drama except the ae92 corolla alternator couldn't keep up with the power lol. My hilux was installed by Lifestyle Car Audio - they did a pretty neat job.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...