Turbo ID and water cooling?

Manxman

There is an after-market turbo on my 2LII motor. I assume after-market because the ex manifold adapter isn't matched exactly to the head, tho' it works well enough. I do have installed the thermal idle overspeed and the boost compensator.

There are no identifying marks left on the erroded heat shields nor anywhere else on it.

"Turbo" is printed on the boost delivery pipe across the top of the cambox.

The plumbing looks OEM on top of the motor, tho' the low pressure inlet pipe is rather crude.

The intake manifold has a vacuum butterfly, prob for shutdown. It is like the 5L, but the e-connector interlock is different, and a different colour.

My problem is, there isn't any water cooling connected, and because I'm disabled & fat, I can't manouver myself to see if it's normal, or an oversight.

If it's normal, then I have to live with it & frequent oil changes [or refit the Jackmaster], if an oversight, then I have to connect it up to protect the turbo shaft and the motor generally. BTW Anyone know where I can get new hoses and joints for the turbo plumbing in Perth-I've emailed Veale in hope, 'cos they seem reasonably priced. They can make up a 5L rebuild kit for abt $1300-. All I need is the cash......