Custom tune

perthcamry

I have had my tune and CAI done. And Greedy emanger put in. The car is smoother for sure, quicker too although as there is not such a kick in the guts as before it does not feel quicker.

He has adjusted the fuel but not the timing curve yet. He suggests tuned extractors for low down torque and then retune with these on and timing. The timing will also give more torque. ;)

It’s a lot better to drive on the freeway at slow speeds, less jerky I miss the kick in the guts but it’s a much more civilized beast and the speed does rise rapidly. :P

15hp at the hub Err so not sure what that means. That is on top of whatever the CAI and Sportivo muffler gave me.

But its on its way to more. I really want to boost the Torque up (with timing and headers) then give it a run down the 1/4 mile. At least I have a base to go on. :P

Photos on the way....... (lots of construction work next door so my car is beyond filthy)

Pethcamry

That is AWESOME!! Definitely going to pay a visit to Racing Performance Works. I'm very impressed with the cold air intake!!! :D

Yes ive finaly decided and gone ahead with ordering a sportivo sports muffler for mine, cant wait

Once again that looks fantastic!! :lol:

Pethcamry

That is AWESOME!!  Definitely going to pay a visit to Racing Performance Works.  I'm very impressed with the cold air intake!!!  :D

Yes ive finaly decided and gone ahead with ordering a sportivo sports muffler for mine, cant wait

Once again that looks fantastic!!  :lol:

No worries let him know about me and he will know whats going down. I think he is still getting his head around Toyotas but he seems to know his stuff. Got to take it to the Quit motor plex for a run down the 1/4 mile :)

RPW is the way forward in Perth I think for a tune :P

Hi everyone - I'm David from Racing Performance Works and was sent the link to this to answer any questions on

Once we got all teh wiring worked out on the vehicle its acutally a very straight forward job, be it a greddy emanage or the haltech interceptor unit which we woudl use.

Next time we do a car whether its this one or another one we will be changing the igntiion setup to be able to do teh igntiion timing setup for full complete tuning ability.

But any questions on this feel free to ask away as I am happy to answer them. I trust everyone like the cold air kit we did on the vehicle :D

Hi everyone - I'm David from Racing Performance Works and was sent the link to this to answer any questions on

Once we got all teh wiring worked out on the vehicle its acutally a very straight forward job, be it a greddy emanage or the haltech interceptor unit which we woudl use.

Next time we do a car whether its this one or another one we will be changing the igntiion setup to be able to do teh igntiion timing setup for full complete tuning ability.

But any questions on this feel free to ask away as I am happy to answer them. I trust everyone like the cold air kit we did on the vehicle :D

G'day David

I'm also from Perth, i drive a 2003 v6 camry sportivo. The cold air intake looks awesome and i'm seriously thinking of coming in to talk to you guys about some tuning work on my car.

The guy that owns the RPW Magna with twin turbo lives down the road from me and the work done on that is awesome!! :D

cya soon

Edited by spordeano

• 1 month later...

ummmm my Chip does not seem to be working at the moment. :( ....I have to wait till the holiday season is over before I can get it checked out. Will get the timing adjustment on it done at the same time.

will let you know how I go.......... B)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

I have some posts with pics of CAI on there. I got it done at RPW in Osborne Park. I am organising a cruise and BBQ on about 18th of Feb up to Yanchep (spelling) so will have the Corolla boys and hopefully a couple of Camry’s we can have a look at and a yarn as to where what how and all that :)

Ummm all up looking at about 2k for chip and all that Its a lot nicer to drive with the chip not just more power but smoother and more responsive. is yours a 6cyl? Mine is a 4 but will be quite quick when finished.

The more you do with exhaust and extractors and CAI the more gains you get from the chip. As you do more mods you can get the car returned on the dyno.

I just want to be faster than Commodores ;) I have had a few people laugh at my car so I think a bit of extra grunt under the bonnet would be help reduce the comedy for them :D

So the idea is when you change exhaust and get more air in your fuel mixture will lean out. Currently mine has about 6% added across the range all done on a dyno tune. The chip I have also adjusts timing, which will increase the torque, but I have not had that adjusted yet.

I will chuck this on my post with the pics so others can see :)

Just to update my chip was not doing its job but appeared to be overheating next to the factory ECU. Its now on the floor and after a few days of the ECU getting sorted again the power is back :D . Strange thing the old computer heat is not its friend.

So now I can move onto the next stage........ :P

Edited by perthcamry