Toyota Corsa

corsa

Hey guys

My mums toyota corsa requires an engine conversion since its basically **** itself, and since these engines are rare and pretty exxy. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to finding out which aus spec engine should be able to drop straight in without **** about with cross members and engine mounts.

Its a 1990 Toyota corsa with a 3e-e engine. 4 cyl, 1.5l efi etc etc

Hey guys

My mums toyota corsa requires an engine conversion since its basically **** itself, and since these engines are rare and pretty exxy. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to finding out which aus spec engine should be able to drop straight in without **** about with cross members and engine mounts.

Its a 1990 Toyota corsa with a 3e-e engine. 4 cyl, 1.5l  efi etc etc

The Paseo and Starlet were built on the same platform as the Corsa, so any of those engines (1.3 or 1.5) should be fine, the Paseo 1.5 should be the exact model engine that your mum's Corsa has now.

As with all Buddha's comments, this is subject to correction by those who know better, but having owned a Starlet, a mate who owns a Paseo and done some research into these cars, I think I'm on the money. :)

From what I just read looks like a 5e-fe engine not a 3e-e ?

Though it could also be a 4e-fe.

Information taken from here

and Here (Redbook)

To verify for Buddha --> the 5e-fe from a paseo should be a straight swap.

If you want something a lot more powerful and probably more difficult (I haven't done any research on this conversion - but it's probably possible) you could look at a 3sge / 3sgte or possibly even a 4age / 4agze but it depends how much money you want to spend and what your aim is - if you just want your mum to drive it again get a paseo motor...

if you want to drive it, have some fun with it....and have some cash to play with --> go for one of the other engines ;)

Edited by Guest

4efte that's an even better idea :)

I would say it would fit easily and be fairly simple to bolt in ... *shrug* never having done this conversion or any other engine conversion - I advise you to research not take my word for it...

^ just my commonsense disclaimer :D

From what I just read looks like a 5e-fe engine not a 3e-e ?

Though it could also be a 4e-fe.

Information taken from here

and Here (Redbook)

To verify for Buddha --> the 5e-fe from a paseo should be a straight swap.

If you want something a lot more powerful and probably more difficult (I haven't done any research on this conversion - but it's probably possible) you could look at a 3sge / 3sgte or possibly even a 4age / 4agze but it depends how much money you want to spend and what your aim is - if you just want your mum to drive it again get a paseo motor...

if you want to drive it, have some fun with it....and have some cash to play with --> go for one of the other engines ;)

Glad to be correct, as always! :D

I've learnt something new, though ... I didn't know Redbook had values for grey imports. Interesting. :)

Gt starlet conversion- get a front cut and all is well!!and these are pretty cheap at the wreckers cheapest i have seen is for 1400 and sell the rest of the parts that you dont need off. and this is a much more advanced motor than the one in the corsa. Also will probably have better fuel eco.

Also the 5efe from a paseo might fit if you dont want a turbo...

:)

hey thanks for the replies guys.

Yeah i cant seem to find a paseo engine currently for some reason, so may have to opt for something else or just keep searching. At the moment the 5e-fe is looking promising.

Oh and it is 100 percent a 3e-e engine.

And no i dont even want to drive that thing, id rather have fun in my 32 ;)

Edited by corsa