2H turbo head vs 2H non turbo head??

Bill W

I am currently fitting a recon 2H engine to my 1982 HJ47 ute. I have a feeling that the new engine may have been a turbo unit but I want to use the reconned injectors from the old engine.

My question.....is there a difference between a "turbo" head and a "non turbo" head? Will the old injectors fit a turbo head? The threads appear to be ok but what of the seats, etc.

Also, what about the injector pump??? Is that a different unit between the turbo & non-turbo engines?

Anything else that may cause me problems???

Cheers.

Bill.

• 6 months later...

No replies????? Surely someone can help me out here?

Well I have fitted the new engine and things are not good. I have had to re-use the old pump because the one that came with the new engine was not working on one cylinder.

The engine blows a lot of black smoke (like heaps!!!) especially under load and also lacks power. There was fairly severe "pinging" so I have rechecked the timing using the "spill tube" method and replaced the centrifugal timer on the front of the pump. I have had the injectors checked and they are ok. They were overhauled a few years ago but I thought some rubbish may have got into them during the changeover.

Can anyone refer me to a doc that tells me exactly what all the adj. screws do exactly? How about a description of exactly how this pump works? I have looked at the 2H inj pump repair manual on line but it does not explain in a clear manner.

I note also that the oil pressure is showing high. Like off the scale. Could be just the sender but more liely the PRV is stuck. What are the implications if any of high oil pressure?

Thanks.

Bill W.