Kluger AWD excels in snow

OzSTi

I've just got back from a week skiing at Perisher and driving up and down every day from Jindabyne in sub zero temps and snow covered roads reinforced how capable this vehicle is.

Did not need chains (AWD)- a great relief not having to get out of the car at -5 deg.

New tyres helped - Goodyear Efficient grip. Odd name but proved quite, comfortable and exceptional in the snow.

IMG_2450.jpg

• Like 1

Live in Sydney spend every weekend at Perisher, have driven that road in some horrendous conditions, best not to forget that when you are travelling downhill, if you start sliding, it doesn't really matter if you are 2 or 4wd.

How on earth did you get it to 17 l/100 ? I've had mine as low as 8.9 on the way back to SYD...

Re 17L/100; slogging uphill at 30 km/hr with frequent periods stationary in what amounted to peak hour alpine traffic will do that. 

Also I disagree regarding downhill driving, I used the gears extensively downhill, even back to 1st to control speed at times and so engine braking was distributed evenly to all four wheels.

Is it correct that the current model Kluger has a different AWD system with the rears only employed when the fronts loose grip?

Would this set up be inferior in these conditions to full time AWD systems which I believe previous (mine) Klugers have?