How are the 2006 sx6 sportivo's

zuztla

Given that it is a Sportivo, expect that it would have been driven harder than usual. How often tyres and brake pads have been changed is an indicator.

Why does it have new rims?

I would be looking at the service history particularly for regular oil changes. When were the struts last replaced? Has the water pump needed to be replaced? Has the alternator been replaced?

When was the automatic transmission last serviced and fluid changed? If the transmission has never been serviced, then be prepared to have to replace it.

I would be looking at the rear VVTi oil line to see whether it has been upgraded to a full metal line. If it still has the original mid rubber section, then plan upon having to replace it; estimated cost $500.

Thanks mate I'll be checking and asking about the stuff you mentioned when I go look at it. Why do you recommend changing the oil line? This is the car as well. image.png.73b8ebc8e694a197a268831d8f693989.png

8 hours ago, zuztla said:

Why do you recommend changing the oil line?

Past experience. One weekday evening, I saw a brief appearance of the oil warning light. Saturday morning, I checked the dipstick, no oil and no leak under the vehicle. Bit of a mystery so I refilled the engine then drove 15kms. Arrived at the girlfriend's place to find oil streaming out on the driver's side of the engine. After a bit of investigation, confirmed that it was a pinhole leak in the rubber hose mid section of the VVTi line. Fortunately, I had previously read about this issue and had already bought the replacement oil line. Spent a very frustrating weekend replacing it. Not exactly keen to repeat that experience.