Workings of the Toyota CD Head Deck

Hey Peoples,

Just wanted to say first off i have just joined this forum. I was googling my way around the net and came across this site and found it very informative so i thought i'd join in which would make this my first post. Formalities out of the way time to get down to the problem :)

I just got myself a Corolla Ascent ZZE122R '05 model and the CD deck has decided to no longer play my CD's. It seemed to be working the night before so not only is it not working there is a CD stuck in there too. My question is what would be the simplest and most effective solution to ge that CD out and get the deck working again. I was curious to know if theres like a reset type switch for the deck somewhere.

Thanks to anyone for any help provided :D

It's some kind of fault with the standard headunit.

Turn off/turn on your engine and it should work again.

I'm not sure if Toyota have done a recall on this or not, but take it back to your dealership and complain if you want.

apparently these toyota head units are pretty... ****! my frens 05 conquest had problems. my 03 sportivo head unit had problems to. it keeps skipping. took mine back to toyota and they got me a new 1. only problem is, this new 1' starting to screw up aswell.

Hmm interesting....thanks for the tip SuiCid3 i'll give it a crack.

x_tarcy33 i was considering changing the deck in the not too distant future but with the problem i've come across and from what you've just told me it seems that might happen sooner rather than later :lol: my next thought would be if its easy enough to change from the stock deck to a "normal" sized deck but thats something i may have to ponder over

well i stopped using mine a while back when i got an aftermarket head unit and i left a CD in there... when i was pulling the stock one apart to use as a casing (long story), i realised i had left a CD in there. I can't find ANY way of getting that CD out, even with the unit completely pulled apart...

so if it wont do it mechanically, good luck getting your CD out!

as far as i know, there isn't a reset switch, like SuiCid3 said.... try powering it up again... also check the fuse to see if it has blown but very unlikely... it is almost impossible to pry it open without damaging the unit if you still wanna salvage it!! :)

From what i've found, most headunits (stock and aftermarket) reset the loading mechanism when you connect them to power after being disconnected.

So try removing the headunit, leave it unplugged for 5 minutes and then plugging it back in.

Provided you have power (see above posts) the unit should spit out any CD that is inside.

See how that goes!

I get the same problem, it was much more prevalent when the car was new, but does happen occasionally.

I usually just turn the car off and back on again which makes it work.

is there any way of hooking an amp up to ther stand cd player

• 3 weeks later...