Brake Pads - Which one to get?

On my last service my mechanic told me Ive got about 5000km more on my front brake pads, so im looking to buy some in advance to replace them as soon as that comes up.

So im wondering which ones do you guys use, Im dont classify myself as a hard braker, but I do want someone that will stop the car when i step on the brakes.

Anyways, what do you guys recommend, and how much are brake pads anyway?

(Does repco/supercheapauto sell them cos they got a sale on this weekend - Also picked up some Mobil 1 10w-30 for $64 @ SuperCheapAuto for those looking for some oil :D )

I always recommend genuine pads... But the only problem is the price as they come from japan...

They are worth around $80...

You could however go to Supercheap or likewise and pick some pads up for around $30 or so...

Been recommended to have a look at EBC, how does this compare to the genuine pads.

Im not overly concerned about cost (unless of course you're asking me to fork out $300+ per pad :P), but in terms of stopping distance/longevity how do the two compare.

Brake dust im not concerned about, i try to wash the car every weekend anyway.

I put EBC green (I think- that is the name) on the Golf with some slotted discs.

It stopped very well, just a smidge under and STI from 100k on a wet braking demo on a advanced driving course.

Definitely recommend them ;)