AM reception

WillemK

Hi Australian RAV4 drivers,

I’m here to find out if 2023 model year RAV4’s still have AM built in in their head units. I think AM is still there in 2023 Australian RAV4’s. The European versions of the car lack AM reception. My head unit is a 10’5 inch screen Panasonic CN-ST2CE1AJ that has DAB+ (Disaster As for Broadcasting) and FM reception and of course all further modern bells and whistles. What I try to find out is what the model number of the head units currently built in the Australian 2023 versions of the RAV4 and specifically the non-JBL models is. If possible, some pictures of the wire harness and plugs and pictures of the rear of the head unit will be greatly appreciated.  An Australian unit would fit my car not only physically but also technically as the FM/AM band spacing of the frequencies is the same as in Europe, and Australia also adopted DAB+, which was already outdated at the time of introduction by the way.

All Toyota OEM- numbers for the head units start with “86140-XXXXX”. For example, my head unit has Toyota OEM-number “86140-42L00”, where “42L00” indicates the head unit number for RAV’s shipped to the EU.

So I’m curious to find out what the non-JBL OEM- number for the Australian specs RAV4’s is, together with the brand of the head unit, probably Panasonic, and all the numbers stated on the head unit model sticker.

My e-mail is: wim.16711759  at  gmail.com

Thanks!

Willem from Hekelingen, Holland.

• 2 weeks later...

Update. Toyota-Europe will not cooperate for reprogramming my existing unit, or replacing the head unit for an Australian one. Something I already expected but it remains, for me, an unsatisfactory situation. So I will have to see what after market head units are are available. And hoping all will be compatible. Toyota makes great vehicles, no arguing that. Too bad simple solutions can’t be delivered, the power of a behemoth company.