2003 Stock CD deck on a 1989-1991 Camry

Took out my existing stock CD deck (from my 2003 Corolla Conquest) yesterday and replaced it with the stock 6CD stacker MP3 deck (thanks 76ACC for the deck!), and i was wondering if my old deck could fit into my friends 1988-1991 Camry without any hacking of the console, and do the plug at the back plug straight in?

In the camry he's currently got a TAPE (yes TAPE) cassette player, and the tape player is broken so only the radio works atm.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks guys!

i doubt it would plug and play but it wouldnt be too hard to wire it up, there's a wiring diagram in the workshop submissions section that will be your best friend. give it a go, its only a little bit of soldering, and the the wires should be there in the dash.

PS glad u finally got a 6 stacker mate!!!

Does the Camry have a Double DIN capacity? If so, then the wiring is a cinch...all you need to do is re-use the stock looms for the new head unit and with a wiring diagram, connect your existing wires (power/earth etc) to this loom.

Did you get the stock loom with the head unit? You would have one in the Conquest, which should fit the MP3 one as well so you shouldn't need to re-wire there. But when you bought the MP3 one from 76ACC, did he give you the looms with it? If so, then no problemo - as long as the Double DIN fits in the Camry.

What state are you in????

No the camry doesnt have a double din by default, however it does have a empty pocket below it (looks a bit like the pocket that all the current corolla guys use when they install after market single din decks).

So i was thinking if the pocket comes out then there may be enough space.

As for the looms, i wasnt provided with the looms at all, I just got the deck mailed to me (im assuming 76ACC needed them for his own deck).

When i took out my stock CD player the looms were already there, and the plugged straight into the MP3 deck.

So happy i finally got a MP3 6cd deck YAY!!! :D

I'll check out those wiring diagrams, but where do i get the header from? I dont think im good enough to solder directly to the plugs.

Im in Sydney btw.

Edited by neK

it's 100% straight fit!

but the deck is secured by rivets so you need to drill thru them to remove the original deck.

Sweet!

Im guessing you did it as well? :D

Does it fit in snugly or does it stick out a bit?

Edited by neK