Starting Issue / Stalling While Driving

Sam096

Hi All,

I am new here, i have a 1996 75 Series single cab 1HZJ75.

I have a couple of issues that i am hopping some brilliant people on this forum can help me with.

The first issue i have is a start up issue where the car will crank over for a good 30 seconds before firing. it does not matter if it is cold or warm, although if the engine is warm it will fire a little quicker but still slower than it should. i thought this could be a battery issue so i replaced the battery yesterday and it has not made a difference. i do allow the plugs to glow for the required warm up time before i attempt to start the car.

second issue is that sometimes while I am driving the the rev's will suddenly drop even when I have my foot on the throttle, and this will cause the car to stall, sometimes i can recover it enough to have it rev enough and clear itself. this usually happens if i am slowing down or coasting along. once stalled as you can see from issue #1 it takes a while to re-start

any help is greatly appreciated

Thank you,

Sam

Not being familiar with that particular vehicle, as a generic diagnostic, I would say you have an air leak in

the fuel system. Taking a while to start, could be that it expels the air before the fuel gets there. Same when

you are driving and loose power, air leaking. Had this issue with an LC200 due to loose factory hose clamps.