Re-aligning front bar

neK

Almost 3 years after owning my corolla, the front bar has always stayed in perfect condition (except for stone chips), its never been bumped.... EVER.

Anyways, tonight is the first time its been hit, and it was hit by my gf's younger sister who some how could not see that my car was actually parked behind their car in the fcking driveway. :angry:

So after some screaming and yelling therapy, ive taken a moment to assess the damage.

My front bar is still good, some minor scratches, but what annoys me is the gaps and the fact that its no longer flush.

Ive seem some car repairs where the bumper has been totally fcked up, and after the smash repair fixes it, there is still a huge gap.

So what i want to know is what are my chances of getting this flush again??

And how much will it cost (not that I care so much cos I'm making her pay every single cent for her incompetance! - How the hell can you not a see a PARK car behind you when you're reversing, especially when the car is <75cm away!!).

any real panel beater should be able to get it flush.

whether u want the bar replaced or not could make a difference.

photos?

Is it necessary to actually get a new front bar???

Its not dented or anything, its just not aligned.

How the hell can you not a see a PARK car behind you when you're reversing, especially when the car is <75cm away!!).

Mate maybe because it was so close she looked straight through ur front and rear windscreen and it all looked clear ?????

Ok im grabbing at straws .... hopefully its not 2 bad damage when the bar comes off .....

LOL!

yea i'd like to give her that benefit of the doubt, but reality was that she was just rushing to go to her friends house. Needless to say we took the keys off her.

I doubt the damage is bad, but my concern is that they wont be able to get rid of the gaps. :(

i would say the chances of getting it flush again are very good... just take it to a decent panel beater...

anyone got any recommendations around sydney?

if she's forking out the bill, take it somewhere reputable even if its more expensive and you'll be right... otherwise maybe time to upgrade? C-one perhaps? :P

Thanks for all the positive replies guys! :D

I'll probably take it down to DSports @ Moorebank, what do you guys reckon the cost will be just to realign it (no painting or dent repairs)?

Just got the car back, the guy realigned it for me, and its just like it was before!!! :D

And he charged me a grand total of $ZERO!!!

Btw he also fixes rims that have been scratched and chiped for about $80 depending on severity of damage. (He can tell you if he sees it).