what the...

Hey,

I have noticed that were my coolant hose goes into my engine (where the bypass mod is done) there is like pink residue were the clamp is :o , its accumulated a lot to the point its been dripping down on the bottom the engine. What is the stuff? is it anti-freeze?. vvtlir could maybe explain it better as hes seen it. Also lately my car has been idling like a pig. Reset the ecu but could it be due to this problem? Fuel even?

Cheers

Mate that is your coolant (TOYOTA long life red) as for for the idle problem i cant see it being much of a problem unless because of the coolant leaking have you noticed that your car has been running unusually hotter than normal??

On the inside of your bonnet there is a sticker that say's "Toyota Super Long Life Coolant" does not need to be replaced for 160,000 km. That is why the coolant is pink.

Note, my overflow spills all the time, every time i washj my engine bay i notice the build up.

Hope that helps.

Though i do have a question also in regards to coolant leaks.

Has anyone ever had the pink coolant build up on the back of the block?

I have this issue. I have cleaned it up and will see how it goes.

If it appears again, New motor :(

well while i was working on the colant hoses this weekend i though why not do the coolant bypass mod so i got the brass adapter connected the two tubes, and blocked the two inlets on the throttle body. So good so far but now im getting leaking on the brass connection :angry::angry: . I clamped the connection extremely well but it still "sweats" any idea what could cause this? my engine has got pink droplest all over it now :angry::angry:

And as far as i know i did the coolant bypass right, too.