Spewin' - dented the Rolla on Friday the 13th

MOZZ-ROLLA

Not being the superstitious type, was a bit p@#$%ed when I put a $4100 dent into the Rolla :angry:

mozzrolladent1qh8.th.jpg

mozzrolladent2vz8.th.jpg

Yep......4K!!! Got some quotes today. Gotta love insurance though. Gonna need:

Left quarter panel

Bumber and spoiler

Side mirror skin

Mag repair

Paint job whole way down the left side and over the bonnet

Was distracted by an SMS when parking, and obviously didnt pull on the idiot stick. Returned to the car to find it had rolled, busted through a metal gate and come to rest crunched into the corner of a brick wall.

The first thought to mind was 'dumb and dumber'............ :whistling:

Should look good once fixed though - get rid of a few stone chips :D

Edited by MOZZ-ROLLA

Thats why it's always a good idea to put the car in gear too (or park, if you're pansy enough to drive an auto). First or reverse should be enough to hold the car on even a decent slope. Hell, go to a cold country and putting the car in gear is the only way of keeping the car stationary when parked apart from wheel chocks, as handbrake cables have a tendency of freezing stuck if the temperature drops too far.

Yeah, funny you said that cause its the first thing the girlfriend said...."See.....thats why you should put it in gear when you park". yeah yeah yeah I think I said while pouring over the damage

This I know, but I have a habit sometimes of starting the car to warm it up before I actually get in - especially if I'm loading up stuff.

I'm also spewin' cause I'm off to sunny Melbourne B) in few weeks for a wedding - with a dented car..waaaaa!

Hoping its not cold enough to have to put chocks under the wheels to avoid freezing the cable :P :P

Man...dont know how the Rolla would handle living in that kinda environment overseas - ice and all - would make fast cornering a bit interesting......hmmmmm

Hoping its not cold enough to have to put chocks under the wheels to avoid freezing the cable :P :P

We're talking -20C or so here (like Norway/Sweden weather), I doubt Melbourne gets that cold

Yeah.....Melb gets friggin cold (very low humity) but I agree...not cold enough to freeze car bits - unless yer up in the snow fields area's.

Just taking a wee swipe at our southern state mates about da weather :P :P

Truth be said - bought time Sydney had some decent bloody rain (oops...can I say that ?!?!?)